Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Why Oh Why Did I Leave The Bed Today?

Some days, dear readers and loyal subjects, it just doesn't pay to leave the bed in the morning.  And some days, today for instance, you really should have hidden a bottle of Jack Daniels under the bed the night BEFORE you decided not to leave it.  Because that just makes life more convenient, and I'm all about convenience.  Let's just say that today was one of THOSE days!

This has nothing to do with what I'm talking about here, but it made me smile, and today that's good enough for me!

I'm not sure why it seems like nothing will go right on days like today, but when your dog swipes and LITERALLY eats the package your passports came in less than 2 weeks before you travel internationally, you should probably just resign yourself to the fact that it's not your day.  Why the service that got our Visas for Chinese travel sent that package without requiring a signature is beyond me.  Maybe those at the Chinese embassy are secretly hoping American dogs will eat these packages and keep them from having to actually deal with American travelers.  It would save them the trouble of having to try to figure out the translation of the term "y'all" every time I said it.  Or maybe they heard about my tiara fetish and were willing to give me the Visa but not really willing to let me use it.  I'm really not sure how the Chinese feel about tiara wearing Southern girls.  But of course it didn't stop there.  It was post holiday chaos at work.  Nothing went right. Everyone had problems... to which they wanted ME to supply the answers!  Just who do they think I am?!  Oh yeah.... they think I'm the Queen too.  Hmmm, that might be my problem.  Then just when everything dies down, I realize I'm supposed to be presenting a scholarship at the local high school's scholarship night.  I enjoy that!  It's just hard when I realize about 10 minutes before I'm supposed to be there on a day that I haven't bothered to run a brush through my hair, and when I'm the only one in the house other than three little girls, and I can't reach anyone to come sit with them for me to go!  Yeah, that was a panic moment too.  Their fabulous grandfather made it over in time for me to go tearing through town trying to get to the high school.  I made it!... in time for it to start raining on me as soon as I got out of the car and started making my way to the auditorium.  I can't make this stuff up.  Have you read Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day?  Because seriously!  This was it, people!!!  And if you haven't, what rock have you been living under?!  Go read it!  It's great!

I think I'll move to Australia.  (Read the book.  It will make sense.)

So anyway, that was my day.  How was yours, dear?!  Actually, I'm back home again. I've kissed my sleeping kids, two of whom decided to talk in their sleep and tell me they loved me (That counts for something.).  And I even have a glass of Jack and Diet Coke.  I think I'll head to bed, pretend this whole day never happened and start over in the morning.  This time the Jack is going under the bed!

Oh but just because I ran across a few more funnies, and I'm all about smiling right now, here are a couple other treats.



You're welcome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on QueenOfAllThingsGood! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. I love reading them and hopefully respond to them as well. Thanks!