Monday, April 23, 2012

Why I Love the Internet

You know, this isn't what I planned to write about today, but sometimes you just can't plan things.  I would like to officially say that I am under appreciated!  MPH (My Poor Husband) is a jaded soul.  He doesn't recognize concern and caring when he's hit in the head with it by way of a relatively dense pillow.  Case in point:

Queen: Your eyes look red.
MPH: I'm really tired.
Queen: Close them and go to sleep.
MPH: Will you come to bed soon?
Queen: Yes, I'll come soon.
MPH: What time is it?
Queen: It's like 7:30 but you're old so it's no big deal.
MPH:  You're coming to bed early?
Queen: I didn't say that. I said I would come "soon."
MPH: Why do I feel like I'm getting screwed here?
Queen: You're not getting screwed! This is me showing concern!
MPH:  I don't believe you.  No one believes you. Do you know why? Because we all know you.
Queen: Fine.  By the way, I made a mug on Zazzle today.
MPH:  What?  Mug?  How did we get on this?!  Why did you make a mug?
Queen: Because sometimes it really is all about me.
MPH:  (long pause)  I rest my case.

He's not a nice man, people.  But really, that wasn't my point. No, now that I think about it.  It was.  I just wanted to point out that I'm the nice one here.  I know you all already knew that, but I find that reminding everyone helps upon those occasions when they start to forget.  So there.  You've been reminded.

Now then, here's what I PLANNED to write about today.  I love the internet!!!  I truly do. It's an amazing place.  YOU PEOPLE are amazing!  Honestly, I started writing this blog pretty much to amuse myself. And we all realize that it just doesn't take that much to amuse me.  However, I've had some of the coolest people show up because of the blog.  And I just point out one set of people.  Yup, I'm going to talk about the people at Still in the UK again. They're the ones who offered to be my forklift fairy.  I woke up this morning to another message from them.  I asked them if they had a pink, sparkly forklift for me and you know what?  Turns out they do!!!  Check this out!!!


LOOK AT THAT!!! Can you believe it?!  It's a PINK... FORKLIFT!  Who'd have ever imagined?!  And look! There's a pink truck beside it.  So the way I see it, I can drive the pink truck while my pink forklift is out being bedazzled.  Because... well just because I think it should be.  Just go with it, people.  But really, how many people do you know who'd offer you a pink forklift just because you asked for a forklift fairy.  I am in utter amazement.  Now if Axis of Awesome would just write me a theme song like I asked them to! I bet the people at Still would write me a theme song... it wouldn't be the same, but that's really not the point.  Keep up that writing campaign, dear readers and loyal subjects!  I just know we can break them... I mean, talk reasonably to them until they write it just to make me go away.  That's good enough in my book!

Oh and I also love that you can go online and make things.  Yes, people, I discovered the magic that is Zazzle tonight!  Don't get me wrong, I've bought things there before but look!  I made something!  It's for you!  Okay, it's for me, but you can have one too!  That's fair... ish.
Click here! Click here! It has my current logo on it.  On the back it says "Queen Of All Things Good  Spreading the Random One Post at a Time."  You should get one. You know you want to.  Okay, maybe I just want to but I do!!!!  So there we go.  It's my first attempt at creating life on the internet, and by life I mean a coffee mug.  It's really the same thing in the virtual world.  Now I'm going to go and give birth to a keychain or something.  It'll be awe inspiring, I'm sure.  I'll be sure to let you know all about it when it arrives.  You're welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on QueenOfAllThingsGood! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. I love reading them and hopefully respond to them as well. Thanks!